What is Travel Training?
MARTA Mobility Travel Training program is for individuals with disabilities who want to learn to travel safely and independently using public transportation. Travel training is a FREE self-paced process that is focused on “How to Ride” based on individual’s needs. It provides the assistance necessary for each person to successfully learn how to use MARTA Transit’s fixed buses.
What types of skills are learned?
You will learn travel skills including, but not limited to:
- Identifying transportation options
- Reading maps and schedules
- Planning the trip
- How to use the “Breeze” system
- Identifying the appropriate bus/train to ride
- Boarding, riding, and exiting the buses
- Crossing the street
- Maintaining appropriate behavior
- Learning safety skills
- Handling unexpected situations/problems
- Planning for emergencies
- Identifying landmarks
What are the Benefits of Riding MARTA?
- No need to make advance reservations
- Greater Independence
- Same Day Travel
- MARTA Trains and buses get you where you need to go
- Pleasant, Safe Travel
- Enhanced Mobility Options
- Easy and Accessible Travel
- Affordable Rates
- Gain an increased sense of confidence and self-reliance as a result of learning to travel
How Do I Sign Up?
Contact MARTA at
email@example.com to start the process.
A MARTA-appointed travel trainer will set up an appointment to meet with you to discuss your travel skills and goals.