Our Office of Transit Oriented Development & Real Estate is responsible for overseeing our efforts in driving Atlanta's economic growth. With a mission to leverage and protect MARTA’s real estate assets in order to generate revenue, increase ridership and enhance the customer experience, the Office administers and manages all of MARTA's real estate and TOD functions. The long-term vision for the office is to create transit oriented communities that connect people to opportunities, drive sustainable community development and promote regional prosperity. The office itself has two branches: the Real Estate group and the Transit Oriented Development group.
Real Estate Group
The Real Estate group is responsible for the following:
- All real estate needed for transit projects
- Relocation services
- Establishment of just compensation
- Property management
- Property dispositions
- Real estate appraisals
- Responding to real estate information requests from adjoining property owners
- Managing and administering ground leases
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan to build a retail and concessions program
Transit Oriented Development Group
The Transit Oriented Development group oversees MARTA’s transit oriented development initiatives, including:
- The identification of prospective properties to be offered for development, the preparation and evaluation of competitive solicitations;
- Marketing development opportunities, transaction analysis, negotiation and structuring; and
- Development oversight.
The TOD group actively participates in community-based charrettes, station-area master planning efforts and coordination with local and regional stakeholders.