FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 24, 2020
TAKE MARTA TO WEEKEND MARATHON EVENTS
ATLANTA – The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is the most efficient way to travel to this weekend’s two running events, the U.S. Olympic Marathon Team Trials on Saturday, February 29 and the Publix Atlanta Marathon on Sunday, March 1.
America’s Marathon Weekend Experience:
- Thursday, February 27 - Saturday, February 29
- Georgia World Congress Center - Building A, Hall A3
- Exit at Dome or Peachtree Center rail stations for access
Breeze cards available for purchase:
- Thursday - 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday - 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
U.S. Olympic Marathon Team Trials:
- Saturday, February 29
- 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Publix Atlanta Marathon / Half Marathon / 5K:
- Sunday, March 1
- 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
MARTA rail service:
- Rail service will begin at 5:50 a.m. on Saturday and 4 a.m. on Sunday.
- Additional trains will be placed into service before and after the race on Sunday.
- Exit at Peachtree Center, Dome, Five Points, or Georgia State rail stations for the best view of the Olympic Marathon Team Trials.
- Exit at Midtown, Dome, Five Points, or Inman Park to participate in or watch the Publix Atlanta Marathon/Half Marathon/5K.
- The Atlanta Streetcar will operate on Saturday from 3:30 p.m. until 1 a.m. and on Sunday afternoon once marathon crowds clear until 11 p.m.
MARTA bus service:
- The following bus routes will be re-routed for the Olympic trials on Saturday: 2, 3, 21, 26, 27, 36, 37, 40, 42, 49, 55, 102, 107, 110, 186, 813, 816, 899.
- The following bus routes will be impacted by the marathon on Sunday: 2, 3, 6, 9, 21, 26, 36, 40, 42, 49, 55, 94, 102, 107, 186, 813, 816, 832, 899.
- All other bus service will operate on regular Saturday and Sunday schedules.
- MARTA Mobility service will not be impacted.
- Bus re-route information is available on
Know before you go:
- Purchase a round-trip ticket and remember one Breeze card or ticket per person.
- Restrooms are available at 16 rail stations. See a rail map for details.
- Uniformed MARTA police officers and MARTA station agents and Transit Ambassadors will be at rail stations if you need assistance.
- Download MARTA’s On the Go app for real-time service alerts and MARTA’s See & Say app to report suspicious activity.
@MARTASERVICE on Twitter for service updates and announcements.