MARTA Service Modifications
MARTA has implemented operational adjustments to protect the health and wellness of employees as they continue providing essential transit service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, MARTA has made service plan changes to bus and rail operations to address the dramatic ridership and revenue decline seen in the wake of this national health crisis. We will continue to update this page with changes as they occur; this page was last updated on Thursday, May 8, 2020.
Changes to Bus Service
- EFFECTIVE MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2020- To prioritize essential transit service, MARTA is reducing bus service to the 41 routes listed below.
OPERATIONAL BUS ROUTES BEGINNING 4/20/2020 |
|| 40 |
|| 83 |
|| 120 |
Including Oakley Industrial Circulator |
- ALL OTHER BUS ROUTES WILL BE SUSPENDED
- Bus customers will enter and exit using the rear doors only, except for customers who require the accessibility ramp.
- MARTA is suspending fare collection on buses; For customers transferring to and from the rail system, fares will be paid at the rail stations.
- While passengers are not expected to use the fare box at the front of the bus, please be in possession of fare during travel.
COVID-19 Service Reduction Map
Click here view an enlarged version of map.
Click here to view route list.
Click here to access the interactive system
Changes to Rail Service
- Rail service is operating on a modified Sunday schedule with trains arriving at stations approximately every 20 minutes.
- All Red and Gold Line trains will travel to the Airport from the start of service until 9 pm. After 9 pm, all Gold Line trains will continue to travel to the Airport; Red Line trains will only operate between North Springs and Lindbergh. Green Line trains will turn back at King Memorial from start of service to 9 pm.
- MARTA has closed the station serving Mercedes-Benz/State Farm Arena/GWCC. Trains will not stop at this station until events resume.
- Weekend schedules can be viewed
Changes to Streetcar Service
View schedules here
- Streetcar service will run on a Sunday schedule for weekday and weekend service.
Changes to Public Restroom Availability
- MARTA is closing public restrooms at low-utilization rail stations. Public restrooms will remain open at College Park, Doraville, Five Points, H.E. Holmes, Indian Creek, Lindbergh, and North Springs rail stations.
Visit Twitter (
@MARTAService) for real-time information for rail and bus operations.
Call our Customer Care Center at 404-848-5000 if you have any concerns.
Back to top