About the Program
Our internship program places students on teams and in departments that give them hands-on experience with the various challenges of public transit. We designed the program to expose students to the challenges our teams face every day — as well as the ways they take on those transit challenges.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside teams in fields related to what you study, gaining valuable experience that can help lead to a career further down the road.
Click here to apply for internships
Interning with MARTA is more than just an opportunity for college credit. It's a chance to take the next step toward your future career. These are just a few of the core benefits:
- On-the-job experience in the fields you're working toward
- Opportunities to work alongside and connect with professionals in the industry
- Involvement on projects that have a lasting impact throughout Metro Atlanta
- Integrated education bringing together professional development and public service
- Academic credit and volunteer hours (specifically for unpaid internships)
Types of Internships
College and high school students can apply for a few types of internships depending on their age and their interests.
These internships are available to college students and high school students.
These internships are available to anyone pursuing academic credit or volunteer hours.
You'll need to meet the following criteria if you plan to apply for a MARTA internship.
High School Students
- Be at least 16 years old
- Provide a certificate of authorization to work from their high school
- Attend an accredited educational institution, including but not limited to a high school, trade school, technical school, vocational institute, junior college, college or university
- Submit a transcript showing proof of a 2.5 GPA in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Undergo and successfully complete a criminal history background check (if older than 18)
- Have authorization to work in the US